Our Patient First Approach
Since 1955, when Dr. Richard Saleeby, Sr. founded the practice, our mission has been to provide diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the colon, rectum and anus with a Patient First approach by focusing on the ideals of private practice medicine and providing a valuable service to the the patient.
We understand that you might be embarrassed by your condition and that this embarrassment may lead you to avoid or postpone treatment. At Saleeby & Wessels Proctology, we have put this understanding into all aspects of our practice and your care. From start to finish, we are here to be an asset to your health and wellbeing in an environment designed to treat you with dignity and respect in the least invasive manner possible that gets you on the road to recovery the quickest.
As in any specialization, the more you do, the better you are at it. Proctology is all we do and all we’ve ever done. We understand just how much colorectal and anorectal health problems can negatively impact your life. Our friendly, caring and highly experienced staff will put you at ease. Our office is a safe place where you can ask questions and get thoughtful answers while maintaining your privacy.
All of the staff takes pride in living our mission from the very first phone call to schedule a visit through performing any necessary procedures. Unlike most colorectal physicians, we only focus on anorectal disorders and have been successfully treating patients for the past fifty (50) years in this area of practice.
We pride ourselves on being able to provide the most current medical information and treatment options for a wide range of colorectal and anorectal medical issues. In an effort to make sure that our patients are receiving the best care, we keep up with current technology, techniques and treatments to help relieve patients of their medical concerns.
Whenever possible, we look for surgery-free alternatives to treat our patients. However, should the need for surgery arise, you can be confident in our surgical skills. Both Dr. Richard Saleeby, Jr. and Dr. Frank Wessels are board certified by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery (ABCRS). This means that our surgeons are trained in specialized surgical methods and approaches to anorectal and colorectal care.
You can trust us to help you find answers and solutions for your anorectal and colorectal health problems in the best possible way.
Highlights of Our Patient First Approach
- In situations deemed urgent by our highly trained staff, we will make every effort to see you in our office the day you call us.
- In non-emergent situations, we can see you in as little as a day or two following your call.
- As a private practice, we are not tied to hospital system rules, which allows us to individualize our treatments for every patient.
- We take the time to get to know you during your first visit to our office. Before your initial examination, you’ll have the opportunity to sit down with the doctor in our conference room to discuss your concerns in a non-clinical setting.
- We invest heavily in every member of our team. Each of our staff members is fully trained, deeply knowledgeable and cross-trained. We strive to put your mind at ease and handle your concerns with the dignity you deserve.
- Most of our patients—approximately 90% of them—do not require a surgical solution. Most issues can be resolved within a few office visits. Our primary goal is to use the most minimally invasive approach as possible in developing your treatment plan. Surgery is reserved as a last-resort treatment option, as it should be.
- Our primary focus is to provide you with the best possible solution for your individual situation. We are willing to expand our thinking to look at your needs as we plan your treatment.
- Most of our patients come to us as a result of word-of-mouth. We are grateful to have this testament to the fact that our patients and other physicians feel confident in recommending us in our community.
- We find that most colon and rectal issues we treat can be addressed within a few office visits. We won’t keep you coming back to a string of unnecessary appointments. This means we offer improvements not only in convenience but also in cost savings.
- We value your time. If we must put your phone call on hold we try to make it as brief as possible and you won’t spend an hour in our waiting room. We will get you in and out as quickly as possible while still giving you the attention you deserve.
The Right Approach to Colorectal Health Problems
Saleeby & Wessels Proctology is your one-stop destination for optimum colorectal and anorectal health. Whether you are currently dealing with a specific concern or simply want to rule out a potential issue, we can help you. Our custom-tailored diagnostic and treatment options provide the most comfortable experience possible. So, when you need us, we will be here and you can trust our care.