What to Expect at Your First Appointment
Preparing ahead for your initial appointment with Saleeby & Wessels Proctology can ease any anxiety or nervousness that you may have. In most cases, no physical preparation is required for your initial office visit. If any preparation is necessary, we will let you know when you schedule your appointment. Here are some basic pointers to consider before your first visit to our office:
- New Patient Forms. Our new-patient forms are available to download, print and complete them at your convenience before your first scheduled visit. However, if you don’t have access to a computer or printer, just plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete them in our office.
- What To Bring With You. Please remember to always bring your state-issued identification card or driver’s license, your insurance card, and your co-pay, if applicable.
- Pre-Authorization. If your insurance requires a referral from your primary care physician, you will want to arrange this before making an appointment with us. Though many policies no longer require a pre-authorization or primary care physician referral, calling the number listed on the back of your insurance card for the most up-to-date information will help put your mind at ease.
- Out-Of-Pocket Expense. Most insurance policies have a co-pay or deductible that the insured is responsible for paying. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you have a co-pay or deductible to satisfy and what amount this is, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to obtain the most up-to-date information. It is our policy to receive the patient’s portion of payment at time of appointment.
- Arrival Time. We pride ourselves on seeing our patients on time. And though emergencies do come up that may delay us, we have a pretty good system in place to help you help us stay on track. If you have printed and completed your paperwork prior to coming to our office, then please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit so that we can complete your registration and get you checked in. If you need to fill out your new patient forms in the office, please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled visit.