What to Expect at Your First Appointment
Preparing ahead for your initial appointment with Saleeby & Wessels Proctology can ease any anxiety or nervousness that you may have. In most cases, no physical preparation is required for your initial office visit. If any preparation is necessary, we will let you know when you schedule your appointment. Here are some basic pointers to consider before your first visit to our office:
- New Patient Forms. We make our new-patient forms available on our website so that you can download, print and complete them at your convenience before your first scheduled visit. However, if you don’t have access to a computer or printer, just plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete them in our office.
- What To Bring With You. When you visit our office, please remember to always bring your state-issued identification card or driver’s license, your insurance card, and your co-pay, if applicable.
- Pre-Authorization. If your insurance carrier requires a referral from your primary care physician, you will want to arrange this before making an appointment with us. Though many policies no longer require a pre-authorization or primary care physician referral, calling the number listed on the back of your insurance card for the most up-to-date information will put provide the certainty that helps put your mind at ease.
- Out-Of-Pocket Expense. Most insurance policies have some type of co-pay or deductible that the insured is responsible for paying. If you are uncertain as to whether or not you have a co-pay or deductible to satisfy and what amount this is, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to obtain the most up-to-date information. It is our policy to receive the patient’s portion of payment at time of appointment.
- Arrival Time. We pride ourselves on seeing our patients on time. And though emergencies do come up that may delay us, we have a pretty good system in place to help you help us stay on track. If you have printed and completed your paperwork prior to coming to our office, then please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit so that we can complete your registration and get you checked in. If you need to fill out your new patient forms in the office, please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled visit.
We realize that each patient is an individual and has individual concerns and our approach is to address those individual concerns in the most timely manner possible.
When you arrive at Saleeby & Wessels Proctology, you can expect to be greeted warmly and made to feel welcome in our medical facility. We are committed to ensuring that you never feel embarrassed about having to visit a proctologist. We give you opportunities to ask questions and learn during every office visit.
During your first visit, we’d like to sit down in our conference room and discuss your concerns and put together an in-depth medical history to better understand the nature of your rectal health issues. Whether you are seeking a basic screening or a diagnosis for a specific rectal ailment, we work with you to provide the answers and information that you seek.
Following your consultation, we will escort you to an exam room and provide the information needed to prepare for your exam. Of course, we will also answer any questions you may have regarding the exam. While the patient is always in control, the rectal exam is performed delicately and thoroughly yet in a very comfortable and safe setting with a nurse in attendance at all times. Following the exam, any questions will be answered and the doctor can begin providing care.
We are committed to being an asset to your health and wellbeing. Throughout your relationship with Saleeby & Wessels, we strive to provide answers and the vital information you need to feel heard and validated. Our patient first philosophy follows you through every visit in our office. We put all of our knowledge and experience to work at Saleeby & Wessels Proctology to ensure you feel completely taken care of from start to finish.